1-day Microsoft Excel 2016 – Level 3 training course
Skills you learn in this course can also be used in Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
Excel macros that lighten your workload. Combine powerful tools like lookup tables and macros to implement efficient, time-saving spreadsheets. And explore basic Pivot Tables as well as a host of other shortcuts and tricks. All of our courses are instructor-led and hands-on.
What is covered:
- A review of applying & using Range Names
- Date Calculations
- A date on a spreadsheet might look like a date – but it is actually stored, in memory, as a regular number. All dates are measured from the starting point of January 1, 1900.
- Vertical (VLOOKUP) and Horizontal (HLOOKUP) lookup tables
- Merging files together using VLookup
- Basic macros
- A macro is a recording of keystrokes, or actions, that you find yourself repeating, that you condense into a single keystroke or button.
- Editing the basic Visual Basic code generated by your macro
- Add input boxes to make your macros interactive
- Adding macros to the toolbar
- Customizing the Ribbon with custom tabs
- Add macros to the Ribbon
- Sometimes you only want to perform a calculation if the cell in question is blank . The ISBLANK function is helpful to use as the condition for an IF equation.
- Use the ISERROR function to test for the presence of an error.
- Create custom error message or actions when your formula encounters an error.
- Use TRIM to remove extra spaces from imported text.
- Conditional Formatting treats
- Convert a range of cells into a table to make managing and analyzing your data easier.
- Pivot tables
- Build and customize effective pivot tables
- Easily review, filter and cross tabulate data.
- Change/remove sub-totals
- Choose the right report format
- Pivot Chart (brief)
- Slicers offer a more visual way to find patterns and trends in your data.
- Create basic dashboards using multiple slicers.
- The Goal Seek function
- Use GOAL SEEK to designate a target – and a cell that Excel can change in order to meet your target. Excel will find your missing value.
Excel Course Cost
$175 per person (+ HST)
Hours: 9am – 4pm (approx)
Excel 2016 training manual included
This price includes after-course email and telephone support.
Would you like us to come to you? Contact us for onsite Excel 2010, Excel 2013 or Excel 2016 training prices in Toronto, GTA, or anywhere in Ontario.
Maximum 10 Students per class.