Microsoft Word 2016 – Level 1
Skills learned in this course can be used with Word 2010 and Word 2013.
After taking our 1-day hands-on Word 2016 training course you will be able to create eye-catching documents efficiently using numerous time-saving tricks and shortcuts. Many people bypass the Level 1 (CORE) course, believing that their day-to-day use gives them enough experience to use the program efficiently. Those who take the Level 1 course anyway are always pleasantly surprised (if not astonished) at how much they learn. Most regular users are only using a fraction of the program – and working much harder than necessary. Don’t shy away just because it’s called Level 1.
- The RIBBON
- The FILE tab – also called the Backstage View
- Customizing the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) efficiently
- Over 30 great keyboard shortcuts
- 5 shortcuts for selecting text
- Formatting tips and tricks
- Alignment options
- Saving & Opening files
- Efficient File Management
- Print Preview (and options)
- Printing & Print Options
- TAB vs INDENT function
- Setting custom tab stops (& troubleshooting)
- Hanging indents
- Paragraph spacing vs. line spacing
- Fixing known spacing issues
- Page Layout
- The Page Setup window
- Changing Case
- Cut / Move / Drag & Drop
- Format Painter tips and tricks
- Outline numbering
- Line Spacing vs Paragraph spacing
- AutoCorrect (amazing customization tricks)
- Changing Default Settings
- Special Characters
- Text Effects
- Basic tables
Hot Tip: You can quickly select a word by “double-clicking” it with your mouse. To quickly select a sentence, hold down the CTRL key and click the mouse once anywhere within the sentence. These are just two of the many tips covered in our 1-day computer training course.
Barrie Classroom Course Cost*
$175 per person (+ HST)*
Hours: 9am – 4pm (approx)
Word 2016 manual included
After-course email and telephone support included
* Need cost-effective on-site group training at your location? Contact us for on-site (Toronto, GTA, Ontario) Word 2010, 2013 and 2016 training quotes.
Maximum 10 Students per class.